Sunday, September 11, 2011

Late night thoughts #2

For everyone who studied, I'm sure you've been through a time where you feel trapped after studying for 9 days a week.

You would have the temptation to stand up in the middle of a lecture or a study session, leave and run towards the sunset, never looking back.

That something in your mind makes you snap at everybody about everything and make you into someone you're not.

That's what studying does to you when you study too much in a same place.

I mean, there has to be something more meaningful than studying. I'm sure it's important to have an education but there is more to life than gaining knowledge from books and looking for a way to earn money with that knowledge.

Going through life with a dead routine is not living. Yes, it might be someone else's type of life but it's not mine. I do not believe everyday is meant to be the same.

When something happens to me, I never fail to remember the date, the time and the venue of what happened. It is something out of the norm and it brought color to my life, no matter how good or how bad it was. It made that day different.

Now, I remember my days perfectly because one of my best friends is a random, fun loving, unpredictable retard that makes my day by being there and being a sweetheart that she is. My everyday life is never the same with her in it.

You did not live until you decide try something new everyday.
You did not live until you make new mistakes for the day.
You did not live until you take risks that will let you soar in the sky.
You do not live until you learn something new.

A new day is like a chance for you to give something back to the world, no matter how big or small you are. It might be giving your help to those who need it. It might be giving someone a shoulder to cry on without judging them. It might be spending some time with orphans or people in the nursing homes. Or it might be just  the simple fact that you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment