Saturday, March 15, 2014

People encounters: Guy with the "gay" side in books

He is a friend of a friend. Jock with the body to prove it. He is all snapback caps, varsity jackets, hoodies and converse shoes. He is about my height, which isn't really tall but he was nice and polite which makes up for that. He would crack jokes that everyone gets and laugh at your jokes even if it sucked. For someone that is considered good looking, he is really really nice and that is rare.

We went to a bookstore to wait for a few friends who were going to join us. I expected it to be weird to hang out with him and these bunch of people because I wasn't close with any of them. I know them and they know me but that was it. I expect a lot of awkwardness, especially with him because I am here with him , alone.

We carpooled to come here, the driver left. I am bad with small talk, I run out of things to ask. I essentially end up asking when their birthday is. It really weird. He made it easy. I have always thought that people hated me and they have better things to do, better people to see. It was weird to see him enjoying my company.

We walked from bookstore to bookstore, gossiping about one of our classmates on the way to the other. He was surprisingly honest and sincere about his emotions. He is the first guy ever to tell me that he felt hurt after an incident. We connected. I showed him my favorite book on the bookstore's computer and now I am going to lend it to him on Monday. He showed me his favorite kind of books.

"I'm a little gay when it comes to books", he said.

I told him it's okay, it's nice to see people's sensitive side. I also said that I like seeing guys who read, it tells you a lot about them. They have more patience ans they listen more and are more accepting of what is not of their own. His book choices are very much influenced by his mother. I am surprised at how open he is, especially about emotions. Again, according to the books that he reads, I can almost picture that side of him that is not displayed for the public.

It was a nice afternoon. I feel like myself when I hang out with him. It was easy, something that I have't felt in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment