Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day 7 of 30 Challenge: What does your name mean? Why were you named what you were named?

My name is Tryphena Chin Xiao Huey.

Tryphena is a name from the Bible. It can found in the book Roman 16:12. It's under the greetings part of the book. It means the woman of God. I don't know why my parents gave me this name though. It's cool, I guess. Like it's a Roman name and all. I really should ask my parents.

Chin (陈), it's my surname. I can't choose that obviously but it means umm, a chin? You know, that bottom part of your face?

Xiao (筱) means dwarf bamboo HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I am neither dwarf-like nor bamboo-shaped. I am considered quite tall and umm, build.

Huey, pronounced as "hui" (卉) means plants. I HATE PLANTS. I almost killed a cactus once and my best friend will never let me forget about it.

Well, my Chinese name basically is very plant-related. So, not me but I don't mind having my name. It's my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment