Thursday, October 20, 2011

No, you wouldn't understand.

Dedicated to her
From TC and TC

The sky was pouring today.
There was lightning, maybe thunder too.
It was cold, but not cold enough to make me shiver.
It made me sad, this weather.
But no, it did not make me feel better.

There I sat on a rainy day,
My best friend, yes, she sat on my right
Her pain seem endless just like this season.
Counting the days, without knowing when you see a fullstop.

She's trying her best, you see.
No, you wouldn't understand because you don't see what is hidden.
Me?
I wish I could take away this grief, make her smile,
Anything, to make her live again.
Seeing her tears, it broke my heart because
All I can do is to wipe her tears and give her a hug.
And no, this, you wouldn't understand.

This boy, you see, he gave up.
She gave him everything, fought to be with him.
He ran away with his tail between his legs.
Coward, that's all he is.
He looked for reasons in this mass of snowballed destruction,
To save this skin of his.
Finally, he found some.
Bullshit, all of it.
He took away everything she gave him,
Left her with nothing
But a heart, beyond damaged and a handful of empty memories.
This other guy and I, we're trying to glue her back together.
And no, you wouldn't understand.

This broken girl, you see.
She is my best friend.
Yes, she may cry sometimes but then again, she is human.
There will be days when the walls keeping her strong will tumble,
This other guy and I,
Will keep her steady, carry her when she can't walk on her own.
Yes, she will have a seamless smile on her face,
Only God knows what is really going on inside.
This other guy and I,
We can only know so much,
Catching her when she falls is the only thing to do,
This I promise you.
Yes, she will try to be strong and face the world.
If only you knew the amount of strength put in behind this effort.
She has goals, yes, she plans to study medicine someday.
She is amazing, a fighter so to speak.
But then again, every fighter fall down sometimes.
This other guy and I,
We will help her back up every time she falls.
Afterall, not everyone leaves your life.
And no, you wouldn't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment