Tuesday, November 5, 2013

This secret love affair

"What is this secret love affair?", she asked me.

She was soft and I was a nervous wreck on the other side of the table. I feel her slowly watch me like she was afraid that she would miss something important if he blinked. I sense her emotions mirroring mine and then, the atmosphere changed. Her lips hushed my unspoken fears of every kind. Her gaze gently stroked the soft angles of my smirk that curl the side of my mouth. Unable to hold back the smirk, it blossomed into a smile and I just started laughing. It was loud, joyful, free and comfortable.

She too smiled, and asked me, "Why the sudden laughter?" She let me laugh at my own little joke and just sat there patiently, enjoying my silliness. When I couldn't stop laughing, she joined in too. "This is good," I tell myself, "She's comfortable with me." We stopped when both our sides are aching. I could sense her gaze on me when I was silently smiling at myself. She had this big smile on her face when I look up.

"What is this secret love affair?", I asked her.

No comments:

Post a Comment