Sunday, November 20, 2011

As told to me, for her.

You asked me what's wrong,
I say it's nothing.
I always say nothing,
Even though I know you are nowhere near believing me.
How can I tell you what's wrong,
When you are the only reason that I'm not fine.

I will be that person who will always be there for you.
I will always be the one to fix you up every time you break down.
Just so you are able to run back to him, whole again.
I know you love me,
But how I wish it was enough.

I know the way you look at him.
Guess it's the way I look at you too.
Everytime you put his arm around you,
I had to look away
Just to lessen this pain
Even though I know it will do no good at all.
I see how you lie on his shoulder,
I feel myself short of breathe
As if I'm slowly losing my sanity, losing myself.

I know I will never mean anything that will amount as much as he will to you.
I know I told you that
My feelings should not, cannot, and will not matter in this.
If only you knew how much it took me to tell you this.
I want you to be happy,
That is what I always wanted for you.
You deserve to be happy,
Even if it means me backing off
And letting you go.

Nevertheless,
I wish you belonged to me.
You would be my treasure,
And I would never hurt you like the others.
I would be able to love you forever.
And I would not need to write this,
Hoping you would see this.

No comments:

Post a Comment