Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The screaming was none other than my own.

Taking another step has never felt so painful
One more step, I know I won't make it far
One more whispered prayer, one more step further.
I don't want to see what's ahead, maybe I'm just scared.
I squeeze my eyes shut, but just to get haunted by the sight of you

One more step has never been this hard,
Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm just getting weaker
I can't fall, I just can't.
I'm afraid that if I do, I might not want to stand up again
I just want to sit at where I am, look ahead and not fight anymore.
Give up, cry out to the skies and wait for the end, any end.

I couldn't walk straight without being crippled
By this pain that was not suppose to be there
I feel my body shaking, like I just can't wait to fall apart
Silence has gotten so loud that even my hands cannot be used as barriers
I think I hear someone scream, then again
I realise the screaming was none other than my own

I cried myself to sleep for nights
But now I can't cry anymore
'Cause I know that this pain will still be here the next day
I don't know, the tears just don't fall anymore
Now I'm just waiting for another scream to erupt from my lungs
And with tears and blood, I continue to try to be one step closer to giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment