Sunday, May 20, 2012

Death in slow motion.

The lights start to dim,
And then, they start to flicker.
I blinked once, the lights look fine.
I swear I'm hallucinating.
There they go again.
On and off, on and off.

Everything started to move in slow motion.
I feel the pulse of my heart,
The red that flows through my body.
I think I saw the red staining my thigh.
The ringing in my ears won't stop.
I couldn't feel my hands, my head,
It's starting to hurt.
My mind doesn't seem to work, as it seems to be
Clouded.

I think I tried to stand up, but
I don't feel my legs working.
I'm trying so hard not to blink, because
I know that the moment I do,
Darkness and unconsciousness will swallow me whole.
I fought through it, I thought
I was going to die.

The ringing in my ears still hasn't stop,
My head is throbbing,
Nothing felt good.
Lying in a pool of red, well,
That doesn't seem like a good thing.
None of these seem like a good thing.

One more.
Just one more, and
Let me die.

No comments:

Post a Comment