Friday, April 13, 2012

Street Dance 2. Worst dance movie ever

Street Dance is one of the most interesting and exciting movie to watch. They combined ballet and street dance together and the ending was just magical.

STREET DANCE 2, on the other hand, IS THE WORST DANCE MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN!!

I have watched a lot of dance movies like Step up, Step Up 2, Step Up 3(best movie ever), Street Dance, Stomp the Yard, Bring it On, the other cheerleading movies. This is THE WORST!! The way they shot it was simply terrible.

1. The male lead has a face that I would love very much to punch.
Compared to the other dance movies, he is one of the most useless and irritation characters ever. Who the hell gives up a few days before the competition.


2. He can't dance.
I'm sure he has impressive muscles during one of the scenes where he was heartbroken and was trying to figure everything out. Those are not dance muscles. For those who always watch SYTYCD, you would understand what I'm talking about. We see the other dancers doing their thing and dancing, but we don't see him dancing in the the movie. The only thing that he does is move in the background.

3. WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU FOCUS THE CAMERA ON ONE PERSON IN THE SCENE OF A GROUP DANCE NUMBER!!!???
The point of a group dance number in a movie is to see the crew members dancing as one. Why the eff would you have a close up on the lead characters who cannot dance during that number? Okay fine, you are the director, you want close ups. FINE! Then, why is it that you are only shooting their upper bodies when they are dancing??

The point of a dance scene in a movie is for us to FRICKIN' WATCH THE DANCE. Close up's of the people's face does not achieve that. AT ALL!

4. The whole movie is just terrible.

You travel all around Europe to get the dancers. Doesn't that need something like money? And the love story is just ridiculous and the whole movie is revolved around that. This is a dance movie and those wrote this seem to forget that. The dance montage was the worst ever. 

\

I have never been this painfully disappointed with a dance movie before. I usually feel empowered after watching dance movies but this movie made me feel like I want to punch someone.

If you are a dancer and you love dance movies, don't watch this. Watch Step Up 3.
Not worth your time at all.

1 comment:

  1. I wanna cry because it's like, you feel my soul or something. HUHUHU THE MOVIE SUX. I want to kill myself while watching it. I felt really uncomfy watching it =))

    ReplyDelete