Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Breaking the Silence.

I hear the faucet dripping in the kitchen
While I'm all the way up in my room.
I swear I hear the wind blowing
even though my windows are closed.
Shh, can you hear that?
That's my heartbeat, indicating
that I'm the only living thing present here

I never thought I was claustrophobic,
That was it, never.
Until today.

I never thought that being alone, pure silence
Was a bad thing
That was before I knew how loud silence can be.
I know I am hearing nothing, nothing at all
But then, if you listen closely,
There is an audible hum to nothing.
Almost hypnotising.
It makes you stare into space
While your innder demons fight to overtake you
In your own race.
The inner turmoil,
The fight till the end.
It seems to be that exact key
To bring back every flashback, insecurities
That was never meant to be there.

Oh, great. Rain.
Pattering rain drops,
They seem to quiet down the voices in my head.
This is better, at least it calms me down.
I can hear myself think now.
At least I don't feel so alone.
I smell the grass, trees.
Life, outside my house.

I will get through the day,
Even if it means spending it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment