Monday, July 17, 2023

pen & paper

I am thirty years old
I am surrounded by pen and paper 
collected by the 17-year-old that had so much to say,
so much to echo to the world

I am now thirty and silenced by hands
that used to hold my hand because now,
they are choking my neck, 
daring me to say another word

I used to view the world in paragraphs, now
the world is a circulation of disrupted sentences, 
half-finished thoughts and half-eaten lunch conversations
in trains that cannot wait to get to the stop and the next stop and the next stop

So, I am thirty years old
I am surrounded by pen and paper 
that are colorful, eager and ready to be filled with stories
stories that no one will ever ready but me

Sometimes we need to write bad poems 
sometimes we need to write bad stories
maybe 17 year old me had it right
maybe these pen and paper is for thirty year old me afterall

No comments:

Post a Comment