Monday, October 30, 2017

A farewell perhaps?

I spent the last 7 months getting myself ready to let go
of every message you have ever sent me.
I feel like I am finally there. 
I don't look at your messages anymore,
no longer fall asleep to the sound of your "good night, I love you".
When it's close to midnight, 
I take off my glasses, make sure my phone is charged,
switched off the lights and just go to sleep.
When I am depressed and can't get out of bed, 
I just stay in bed but it's no longer because of you.

Somehow I am here, already able to see the end of the tunnel,
still reluctant to walk away from the comfort of the dark, which was to miss and love you.
This feels like a goodbye, a farewell,
one that I need to stop myself from running back to.

You are the greatest love story of my life. 
You made me believe in love, fate and all the stories that I have ever heard.
You were the one, my sun, my moon.
You will continue to be the first that I love,
I don't think I will ever stop loving you.
I no longer live for you
but saying that, I mean I no longer want to live at all.
It will be close to two years now,
I think I should at least try.
I believe I have experienced one of the greatest things in life 
which is loving and being loved by you.
I don't know if that is ever going to be enough for me.
If I am ever going to end my life,
then my greatest sin would be loving you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment