Saturday, November 22, 2014

When I am in a corner deliberately

Hi, my name is Tryphena.
My talents include redirecting conversation topics to food 
and making people feel uncomfortable with my probing questions about their life.
I am not here to meet people, 
Notice how I am standing in the corner,
avoiding contact with everyone else at all costs.
I am simply here because I am supposed to
or I'm doing a favor for a friend.

I do not wish to participate in your discussion of the weather,
or the debate of whether the iPhone 6 bends "for real".
We have two seasons, raining and hell.
It is not rocket science
and definitely not a good ice breaker.
Oh, did you know it rained today?
OH MY GOD, REALLY?
and here's a tip,
don't bend anything that is not supposed to be bended.

Don't get me wrong, 
I am a nice person but
if I am in the corner deliberately and you invade that space,
you better have interesting things to say. 
I am in this corner for a reason.
If small talk is the only thing that you've got,
don't take offense when I make an excuse to go to the toilet and never come back.

I would usually stay and chat but 
if I am in a corner, people watching, 
please leave me alone.
Unless you've come to join me in judging people by their covers for fun,
then by all means.

No comments:

Post a Comment