Thursday, September 4, 2014

Day 6 of 30 Day Poem Challenge: Write a poem of any length incorporating every word from your latest Facebook status

I'll cheat by using the latest thing posted on my wall. It was a check-in made by Zara and she tagged me into it. Mainly because my last status was me being in the hospital and I really don't want to write that. So,

Latest status: Sit back, relax.

Sit back, relax.
Tell me how are you, this is a safe place,
nothing you say will be judged or told to another individual.
It's okay, how are you?

Say you're fine, you've been doing well
I'm okay, as okay as I can be.
Now nod and smile, 
no, not like that, wider, bigger
you need to convince them, and me
Things are good and I am good.
Good, now look down,
don't hold eye contact, they'll know..


Are you sure? Were there any bad days?
Days where you cannot control your anxiety?

Yes.
No, I have complete control over them.
Look away, no, not so fast.
Look at them, now smile.
Things have never been better,
everything hurts less.
Bullshit.
I think I'm overcoming this.
Bullshit.
I think I might be better.
Bullshit, you're way worse than before.

Did you hurt yourself?

No, don't freeze, too late.
Why did you glance at her?
Cover it up, no, don't touch your wrist.
Shit, she saw that.
How do you lie out of this?
Folding your arms together does not help.
Whatever you do, don't tell he-
Yes.

You are a fucker.
You could have kept it together.
You don't need help.
You can do this on your own.
No, don't look at her like that.
Don't admit you are weak, you don't need her.
Come on, say something,
defend yourself.
Tell her that it's fine,
tell her that you're used to it
SAY SOMETHING.

Yes.
I felt like I was going to die,
and I didn't want to die.

It's okay, you're still here,
that should count for something.

No, I don't need help.

I am going to help you get better.

Really? You mean I can be better?

Sit back, relax.
It's okay, you'll be okay.

....

No comments:

Post a Comment